Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Trip That Started It All

Back in July of 2012, my husband and I decided to take a trip to Leighty's Flea Market in Newry, PA.  Leighty's is a great place to spend a (preferably warm and sunny) Sunday afternoon.  All of the table space is outdoors now.

They used to have an indoor section about 10 or 15 years ago, but they've since turned the indoor space into a hunting/outdoors shop, which kinda sucks because the indoor side had all of the awesome stuff in it (I remember buying games for the NES there back when the NES was still a 'thing').

Leighty's is the epitome of Central PA life, where Walmart thrives, and JoePa is still king.  I love going there for the farm market across the street.  In the summer, it's the best (and cheapest) place to get fresh, homegrown fruits and vegetables!

All I had with me that day was my cell phone, so the picture quality isn't that great, and there isn't very many pictures.


We passed this sign on our way down to the flea market.  I actually stopped and backed the car up to get the photo just because I thought it was hilarious.  We hadn't even made it to the flea market yet, but already knew it was going to be...interesting.


Either the seller is showcasing some subtle racism, or is slightly confused.


Seashells?  Really?


Selling guns and shotguns like this isn't uncommon around here.  I'm sure the gun control freaks would have a meltdown to see something like this.


Anyone want a 40 year old bottle of Nembutal/Belladonna?  There was about half of a bottle of pills left inside.  This guy had a whole table full of half full bottles of assorted medicines (that are all probably older than I am) for sale, including Morphine.


After you buy your shotgun and Nembutal, you can pick up a small bong to smoke 'tobacco' out of.


"Bachelorette Shampoo" and "Sexual Peak Shampoo".  I'm not sure how a shampoo will increase your sexual peak, or what exactly that naked man is doing on that bottle, but...you know what, it's probably better if I don't know why.


Stay Classy, Leighty's!

No comments:

Post a Comment