Sunday, March 17, 2013

One Man's Trash is Another Man's Treasure

"One man's trash is another man's treasure."

This statement couldn't be more true, especially when talking about browsing the local flea markets.  What started out as something to do on a Sunday afternoon has become almost sort of a mission to me.  A mission to seek out the absurd, the nostalgia, and the 'WTF' items that you may see while walking around a flea market, and show them off to the world.  To create a blog where you may find yourself saying 'oh my I haven't seen one of those in years!', and the next photo down, 'what on earth is that?!'


This is that blog.

So sit back, enjoy, and revel in the Flea Market Oddities of PA.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Jennifer!

    Love your blog! As a fellow young flea market lover myself, it was awesome to see your photography and commentary for some of our local flea markets 'o culture.

    Which markets were your favorite and why?

    Have you been to the Comet Drive In flea market in Connellsville yet?

    Hopefully you're still going to be out and about! I noticed you haven't been active since March. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, it's been a CRAZY spring/summer/fall!! The oddities blog was intended to be my pet project during the racing off-season. I originally planned to continue hunting for the weird and absurd on Sundays when I wasn't racing, but at the beginning of the season I became the track photographer at Pittsburgh Raceway Park, so between racing and shooting for the track, the blog got put on the back burner. Now that the official season is over, I plan on starting my hunt again at the local flea markets!

      But to answer your questions, my favorite flea markets so far were the Antiques Mall out in Hollidaysburg, and the Jonnet Flea Market in Blairsville...both of those seemed to had a good bit of weird to them.

      I have not been to the Comet Drive-in flea market yet. I may have to make a trip down there (as long as the weather continues to be decent).

      I'm very glad you've enjoyed the blog so far, I hope you continue to follow throughout the winter months!!! Hopefully we'll have a whole new batch of weird to display! :-)

      Delete