Monday, March 18, 2013

A Day at the Duncansville Antiques Depot (Part 1)

We decided to go check out the Duncansville Antiques Depot on a cold, snowy Sunday.  This place is kinda neat because it has both an antiques shop, and a flea market in it, and certainly didn't disappoint.


It's kind of amazing to step back and think that at one time, these used to be a child's toy...now they sit behind glass like expensive jewelry.


At the same time, I don't suspect that the cards were meant for a 'child.'


Thinking too much into things, seeing this lighter made me a little sad...I thought about the happiness that the person got from receiving this 'award', and where this father is now.


Once again, subtle Central PA racism never fails to rear it's ugly head.


Here we have a green glass ball cupper.  Used exclusively for cradling the testicles in a safe, yet erotic manner.


You know you're an 80's kid if...


The work on the eyes makes me think this needlepoint was a 'post assassination' piece.


I don't know who this man is, but the thousand yard stare will haunt my dreams for the next few weeks.


Lou is very excited we found him!  Also, I don't know very many moms who would want to read 'Flex' Magazine.



I can't help but wonder why someone would sell another's baptism dress.  Even if it were my grandmother's, I don't think I could find the heart to sell it at an antiques store.


Suddenly, a wild wooden buffalo who wants you to take him home (but don't touch him, it will scare him).


Creepy toy is creepy.


I'm guessing that the previous owner of this book REALLY liked Robert Kennedy.


More of Central PA's finest subtle racism.


This Miss Piggy will eat away at your soul if you stare at it long enough.


If I would have known that I could sell them for $35 a piece, I would have fought my ex for the collection we found at the beach so long ago.


I thought the lights in this old TV/Radio were beautiful.


Anyone want some overpriced rhinestone jewelry?  According to the spot owner, it's perfect for church!


Olivia Newton John sees what you're doing, and she doesn't like it.


Of course I have to end part one with some good ol' NAZIS...

Part 2 coming soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment